Please follow the steps below to apply for financial aid at Five Branches University:
1. Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step in applying for financial aid. The FAFSA needs to be completed each academic year and is available online at: www.fafsa.ed.gov. When completing the FAFSA, use the Five Branches Federal School Code: 03131300. You will need a FSA ID- a username and password to electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents.
2. Once the FAFSA is submitted you are required to complete the 2016-2017 DAOM Supplemental Financial Aid Form .
3. The Department of Education randomly selects students for Verification, a federally mandated process designed to verify the accuracy of information reported on the FAFSA. If you are selected for verification, you will be required to complete a Verification Worksheet along with other supporting documentation. You may also be required to provide IRS tax return transcripts. It is important to return the requested information as soon as possible so the disbursement of your financial aid will not be delayed. For more information regarding verification, please visit: www.finaid.org/fafsa/verification.phtml
- Verification Forms
- IRS Tax Return Transcripts
To obtain an IRS tax return transcript go to: www.IRS.gov. Click on the “Order a Return or Account Transcript” link. Make sure to request the “IRS tax return transcript” and not the “IRS tax account transcript.” You will need your social security number, date of birth, and the address on file with the IRS (normally this will be the address used on your 2014 IRS tax return). It takes up to two weeks for IRS income information to be available for electronic IRS tax returns, and up to eight weeks for paper IRS tax returns. If you are married and you and your spouse filed separate 2014 tax returns, you must both submit tax return transcripts. You can also call to request an IRS tax return transcript at 1-800-908-9946.
4. If the Department of Education is unable to confirm your citizenship status then you will need to provide the financial aid office with documents proving citizenship. Citizenship documents that are acceptable are:
- Copy of current United States Passport
- Copy of current Alien Registration Card (Eligible Non-Citizen)
For more information go to: www.us-immigration.com
5. If you are a Male (any person assigned the sex of male at birth), age 18-25, you are required to register with the Selective Service System (SSS). This requirement covers all males residing in the United States who are U.S. citizens or non-citizens. If the Department of Education is unable to verify proper registration with the Selective Service, then you are required to provide the financial aid office with verification that you have successfully registered or are exempt from registration. Please refer to the Selective Service webpage for more information: www.sss.gov/
Once you are successfully admitted to Five Branches University you will be notified by email and sent a Financial Aid Award Letter in the mail along with supporting documents. For more detailed information on applying for financial aid please refer to: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Read in: Chinese