Once you have made the decision to enroll in the Five Branches Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine program you are ready to begin the application process.
Completing the Application
To be considered for admission to Five Branches University, the following items are required:
- Application for Admission – Use your full legal name on all admissions documents. The campus you prefer should be clearly indicated on the application form. If your choice of campus is undetermined, mail your application package to the Santa Cruz campus.
- Recent photograph – One recent passport style photograph.
- Statement of Purpose – A one-page, typed essay describing your background, how you became interested in TCM and your plans beyond graduation.
- Resume – An up-to-date resume listing all previous education, job experience, accomplishments and volunteer work.
- Application fee – A non-refundable application fee of $65.00, payable in check or money order. The application fee for international students is $350.00.
- Health Evaluation – The course of study at Five Branches University includes clinical training. In order to ensure the maintenance of safety precautions and a healthy environment in the Five Branches clinics, we require the completion of a Health Evaluation. This health evaluation must be signed by a qualified primary health care practitioner.
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Form – Due to possible occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials, we recommend receiving a Hepatitis B vaccination. A copy of this immunization record or blood test must be provided. If vaccination is declined, a waiver form must be signed.
- Tuberculosis Test – Tuberculosis is a common and often deadly infectious disease caused by mycobacterium. It usually attacks the lungs but can also affect other body systems. Tuberculosis is spread through the air, when people who have the disease cough, sneeze or spit. To ensure the maintenance of safety precautions in the Five Branches clinic, we require all applicants to have a tuberculosis clearance test prior to enrollment in the program. This may be done though a PPD Skin Test or a QuantiFeron TB Gold Blood Test.
Supporting documents-sent separately:
- Letter of Recommendation – Provide the Letter of Recommendation form to two references of your choice (teachers, employers, colleagues, and/or healthcare professionals). References are encouraged to provide additional information regarding your strengths and character traits and why they believe you would be a good candidate for our graduate program. The Letter of Recommendation form must be completed in full, placed in a sealed envelope, signed across the flap, and mailed directly from the evaluator to the appropriate campus.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended – Academic transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to the attention of the admissions office at the Five Branches campus you are applying to. If you have taken Natural Science AP courses, make sure to contact the College Board at P.O. Box 6671 Princeton, NJ 08541-6671.
Please note: Education obtained abroad at an institution not accredited by the U.S. Department of Education must go through a credential evaluation agency. For more information go to: International Applicants
Non Degree-Seeking Applicants
Five Branches University will consider Non Degree-Seeking (NDS) applicants including: students participating in the California Acupuncture Board-approved tutorial program, licensed acupuncturists, medical doctors and other health professionals who may be seeking to meet an educational objective other than the Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine degree. NDS students may take up to 30% of the Doctor’s degree program, receive an official transcript showing coursework that has been successfully completed, and request to become a degree-seeking student at any time. NDS students must follow the same application and admissions procedures as required of degree-seeking students. NDS students are not eligible for federal financial aid.
San Jose – (408) 260-0208 or email@example.com
Santa Cruz – (831) 476-9424 Ext 31 or firstname.lastname@example.org
San Jose campus applicants
Mail information to:
Santa Cruz campus applicants
Mail information to:
Read in: Chinese