» Come Experience Our Winning Opportunities! Advance your knowledge of TCM and start an amazing career.
The new dual-degree Doctor and Master of Traditional Chinese Medicine (DTCM/MTCM) program is a single four-year graduate professional degree program comprising 3435 hours and 195.5 units. Students earn the Doctorate degree, and the Master’s degree that is required to sit for State and National licensing and certification exams.
The DTCM/MTCM is a daytime program taught on a 15-week trimester basis. Part-time enrollment is available based on consideration and approval by the Academic Dean and Admissions Director.[apss-share]
DTCM/MTCM Educational Objectives
The educational objectives of the DTCM/MTCM program provide guidelines for the development of the curriculum, assessment of the program’s quality and success, and the measurement of the achievements of our graduates.
Upon completion of the program our graduates will be:
- Highly skilled TCM clinical practitioners who assist in the prevention and treatment of disease and effectively diagnose, prescribe and provide medical treatment within the parameters of Traditional Chinese Medicine and integrative medicine.
- Primary healthcare providers with thorough knowledge and skills of the “five branches” of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Acupuncture, Herbology, Tuina Massage, Energetics, Chinese Dietary Medicine) and the integrative components of Western medicine.
- Competent in the assessment of patients and qualified to recognize medical conditions which require referrals of patients to other healthcare providers.
- Qualified healthcare providers who understands the importance of adhering to universal and professional medical ethics, and the social responsibilities of providing primary healthcare to the public.
- Capable of achieving high-passing scores on the national board certification and the California Acupuncture state licensing exams required to become a licensed acupuncturist (L.Ac.).
- Capable of establishing and managing a private practice and working as an integral part of a professional team of healthcare providers.