Applying for Financial Aid
Please follow the steps below to apply for financial aid at Five Branches University:
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) needs to be completed each academic year and is available online at: www.fafsa.ed.gov. When completing the FAFSA, use the Five Branches Federal School Code: 03131300. You will need a FSA ID- a username and password to electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents.
- Once the FAFSA is submitted you are required to complete the DTCM/MTCM Supplemental Financial Aid Form.
- The Department of Education randomly selects students for Verification, a federally mandated process designed to verify the accuracy of the information reported on the FAFSA. If you are selected for verification, you will be required to complete an Independent Verification Worksheet and provide additional supporting documentation .
You may also be required to supply IRS tax return transcripts. To obtain an IRS tax return transcript call 1-800-908-9946 or go to: www.irs.gov. Click on the “Order a Return or Account Transcript” link. Make sure to request the “IRS tax return transcript” and not the “IRS tax account transcript.” You will need your social security number, date of birth, and the address on file with the IRS (normally this will be the address written on your IRS tax return). It takes up to two weeks for IRS income information to be available for electronic IRS tax returns, and up to eight weeks for paper IRS tax returns.
If you are married and you and your spouse filed separate tax returns, you must both submit tax return transcripts.It is important to return the requested information as soon as possible so the disbursement of your financial aid is not delayed. For more information regarding verification, please visit: www.finaid.org/fafsa/verification.phtml.
- If the Department of Education is unable to confirm your citizenship status then you will need to provide the financial aid office with documents proving citizenship. Citizenship documents that are acceptable are:
- Copy of current United States Passport
- Copy of current Alien Registration Card (Eligible Non-Citizen)
For more information go to: www.us-immigration.com
Financial Aid Award Letter.
Once you are successfully admitted to Five Branches University you will be notified by email and sent a Financial Aid Award Letter in the mail along with supporting documents. For more detailed information on applying for financial aid please refer to: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)